Trampo is a popular Mallorcan summer salad that is quick and easy to make and can be served straight away, as either a starter or as a side to your main course. So, if you’re looking to bring back a taste of summer with you, then this the ideal Mallorcan Salad to start with.
What is Trampo?
As I mentioned above Trampo is a summer salad, but traditionally it’s a communal dish in the same way that paella is, where Mallorcans will put the bowl in the middle of the table and everyone will just help themselves to it.
PREP TIME: 15-Minutes
- 4x Big Tomatoes
- 1x Large White Onions
- 2x Large Green Peppers
- 100 ml of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper Pepper
- Fresh Parsley
- 1x Lemon
Note: The above ingredients are based on a bowl of 4 people
How To Make the Trampo Mallorca Summer Salad Dressing
- In a Jug pour 100 ml of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Add the juice of 1x Lemon
- Add the pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- Whisk the contents of the jug together
How To Make Trampo Mallorca Summer Salad
- Wash all the vegetables
- Core and seed the peppers then cut them into small strips
- Cut the Tomatoes into fourths
- Dice the onion
- Place all the vegetables into the bowl add the Dressing all over the Salad and then toss all the contents in the bowl is mixed.
- Add some fresh parsley on top to finish off
Variations of Trampo Mallorca Summer Salad
There are a couple different variations to this salad with little extras that can you can add to or serve with your summer salad.
- Try adding tuna to the salad and mix it together
- Add olives to the salad.
- Add Squid – Cut into small pieces and mix in with the salad.
- sliced apples and pears mixed into the salad.
- Swap the lemon Juice for vinegar
- Serve with baked chicken
- Serve with baked salmon steak
- top the salad onto freshly baked bread or french bread